Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thing 11

I really liked this "thing". It was very easy to do. All the the finding feeds were simple, but for some reason I preferred the google blog search. I think I liked this because my first time using it I got a great hit. I typed in Lesson plans. I found a blog from a teacher who posts blogs and gives help on doing lesson plans. She even shows you different templates that you could use yourself. Her templates were great and included standards and objectives. I am taking EDU 3070 and I am getting ready to have to make a lesson plan. For me, this blog is useful now and I will subscribe to her blog to stay current on new ideas.Using the RSS makes everything show up on one page and I think I will really like it. I hope this saves me time and doesnt mean I will spend more time on the computer because I keep learning about new things. I guess my least favorite was topix.net. I immediately got a pop up for net flix. The page was too busy for me and I prefer the simplicity of the google blog search. I will probably just stick to this. I liked the 2010 Edublog Awards and that could save time searching for good blogs in general. Just for the heck of it, I typed in "weird blogs". I thought it would be interesting to see what popped up. The first blog was about if a person should keep their pregnancy test after if confirms a pregnancy. I actually did not waste the time to read any opinions on this. Another that popped up was weird laws around the world. Here was an interesting one: In the UK, a pregnant woman can relieve herself anywhere she wants, even a policeman's helmet. lol Anyway, I liked this concept of searching and subscribing to blogs. I didnt know that this was so easy to do. There is so much valuable (and some useless) information out there on the web and I plan on using some of these ideas to my advantage in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment